Forums

Full Version: Nano Pi 2 (fire)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't actually have a Fire version but given the only difference is a network RJ45 connector I'm going to assume it will produce the same result. I connected wireless and it handled that fine, but quite slow. But in terms of graphical results I have to say there's nothing to report.

Its not really a game board, having only one USB and HDMI its hard to imagine it would have any use. Its Debian as supplied by Friendly Arm is  quite a limited version with low res 720 HDMI .Its also no longer in production so the OS isn't being updated, and even Armbian don't have it, but one of the other S5P4418 builds might work.

But it is a functioning system, when all said and done its another mini  quad core S5P4418 with a Mali 400, but only 1 core I think. I could install libs and get building but just wasn't able to get a screen to display, and even without the screen it was reporting painfully low update rates, so I think its a no go as a graphics target. But fun as a deadless device for some non graphical usage.

I am going to try a Nano2AFire image which has OpenGLES2.0 support, not sure if it will work any better, but it is a more uptodate OS for the same CPU and though the board has some differences in layout it seems to have the same functions (famous last words)! The download links all seem to go to the same S54518 support page, I'll let you know.