Forums

Full Version: Libre Computing Tritium H5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A super low budget Kickstarter board I had for a while but until recently there was no OS. 
They now have Debian and Ubuntu.
Despite having an h5 on board though it does seem to be shackled by something, it runs quite slow and there's something odd going on with the gpu.
So for now, its not really worth the effort, though once everything was installed it did run the demo, but threw out loads of errors and less that 10fps (more like 5) and the screen was very broken and fragmented as though the GPU was only able to do a few things.

I built and installed glmark2-es2 which does seem to recognise the Mali-450 but the frame rate of every on screen test is single figures, but it may not be the GPU itself, it could be the EGL or X11 systems at fault, running off screen the scores were much more as you would expect for a penta core system giving me a mark of 260.

I also burned Armbian, and though generally it seemed a bit smoother, it is emulating the GPU and is very slow but does not suffer from the refresh errors, or throwing errors, but I would expect the emulation not to do this as its extremely effective. But slow.

Not really sure how to overcome this, at the moment. I think if they fix this it will be a nice board, but the company don't sell many of these boards so support and the desire to fix this issue is likely to be limited

I'll post a note on their support sites and then I'll fire it up again in a month or so to see if any updates have fixed it.
A read me tucked away on their forums notes this point.
Known Issues:
H5 2GB Mali-450 kernel driver has a bug that cause rendering anomalies and spam syslog with errors.

which is exactly the issue...and its very severe, so if they know about it I hope we will soon have a fix,.