Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving over to Raspberry Pi 3B+
Yeah, I'm seeing a Surface issue with the RasPi 3B+. The code worked with a B+ and older Raspbian, but with the latest and the 3b+ it no worky.

The HelloTriangle example from the book shows the following:
HelloTriangle: ../src/main.cpp:233: void init_ogl(Target_State*, int, int): Assertion `state->surface != ((EGLSurface)0)' failed.

The peepo openGL-RPi-tutorial produces this.

libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
tutorial01_first_screen: /home/pi/development/opengles/openGL-RPi-tutorial/common/startScreen.cpp:107: void InitGraphics(): Assertion `GSurface != EGL_NO_SURFACE' failed.

Also, glxgears does not run smooth like on the Beaglebone even when using a monitor via HDMI.
did you set it to legacy, so its using OpenGLES2.0?
Brian Beuken
Lecturer in Game Programming at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's 

Ah, I found setting GL (Full KMS) via raspi-config cleared some of the issue and glxgears looks much better.

I do get new MESA-LOADER errors though.

MESA-LOADER: failed to retrieve device information
HelloTriangle: ../src/main.cpp:233: void init_ogl(Target_State*, int, int): Assertion `state->surface != ((EGLSurface)0)' failed.
I take it that compiling with c++14 eliminated these errors on your RasPi 3 B+ as referenced in the other post you made.
http://www.scratchpadgames.net/forums/sh...hlight=glm
yeah, same issue.
sorted with the C++14 fix, not something I am totally happy with but there's an open question on the GLM github about it so hopefully they will come up with a better solution.
Brian Beuken
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's 

To close this, the fix is to use C++14 not C++ 11, GLM seems to set up now for C++14 and it clashes. There is an open bug on the GLM github so hopefully they will fix it, but moving up to C++14 isn't too bad.
Brian Beuken