Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Jones creator of Finders Keepers in Retro Gamer #185
Back in the day, few of us had any real training software. The home computer market introduced us to something new and challenging which turned out to be fun and occasionally profitable, what info there was, was very much for computer science and games coding was a very niche cottage industry which grew as the demand for home computers, then consoles grew. We found ourselves in a situation where our hobby could become our career, and 30/35+ years on we're still learning, still trying to compete with new ideas and learning new things. Its still challenging, but I must admit I'm much slower to learn new things Big Grin

I don't think its true that there are few over 50's in the industry, many of the people I started out with in the 80's are still involved though mostly at senior levels and not so much into the day to day coding they started out on. But they are still there.

I'll ping David and see if he wants to say hi on here and you can pick his brains.
Brian Beuken
Lecturer in Game Programming at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's 

Messages In This Thread
RE: David Jones creator of Finders Keepers in Retro Gamer #185 - by Brian Beuken - 11-30-2018, 11:09 PM