Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orange Pi One Plus
This has been in the drawer for some time, but its time to look at it again as its one of the 1st H6 boards which become available and of course H6 means we have OpenGLES3.0+ possibilities..

Basically a chip replacement for the small form OrangePi One which has an H3, this big brother has 1GB of ram and that H6 with a T720 "multi" core GPU, no idea how many cores, but we've done nice things with dual cores, so lets assume that. Not sure its still currently in production but you can pick it up very cheap ~$20 from AliExpress which is OrangePi's main outlet.
I've been quite harsh on OrangePi's support in the past but even though its still hard to get what you want it does look like they are making a bit more effort, their site is quite well organised now and they do seem to be keeping a decent number of OS's on tap in an easy to find format. It also gives you an insight into just how many of these boards they churn out. 
22 different boards are currently listed... Not all are in still in production though (I assume) but its quite a wide range and they are cheap.

Debian Jessie is available, so I'll install that, and get back to you when I've had a chance to try it out this weekend.
Brian Beuken
Lecturer in Game Programming at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's 

Messages In This Thread
Orange Pi One Plus - by Brian Beuken - 01-31-2019, 10:29 AM
RE: Orange Pi One Plus - by Brian Beuken - 01-31-2019, 12:12 PM
RE: Orange Pi One Plus - by Brian Beuken - 01-31-2019, 12:19 PM
RE: Orange Pi One Plus - by Brian Beuken - 01-31-2019, 02:45 PM
RE: Orange Pi One Plus - by Brian Beuken - 02-01-2019, 11:06 AM
RE: Orange Pi One Plus - by Brian Beuken - 02-24-2019, 08:49 PM
RE: Orange Pi One Plus - by Brian Beuken - 02-24-2019, 09:16 PM
RE: Orange Pi One Plus - by Brian Beuken - 12-07-2019, 12:48 PM