Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If your trial has run out, try Dual Build Space Cadet
Incidently, even though I've set this up to be both VisualGDB AND Visual Studio for Linux Compatible, its not really wise to have both configs in your solution, intellisense gets utterly confused and it can be hard to visualise your code. Its only there for you to compare, but best to delete the VisualGDB project if you want to continue with a VisualStudio for Linux version.

But that said I have to say a bit more practice on VisualStudio for Linux is paying off, I now have worked out how to do muli core builds and set up the libraries correctly as well as the directories, and getting the debugger to work more effectivly. Use the Linux console for printf outputs.

Once you have it set up, its actually quite usable now, making changes to your build isn't quite as simple, and some of the defined $pathnames don't work forcing you to use proper dir names like ~Home\Pi but once thats sussed its fine and totally free.. FREE is always good.

After I've finished my code review to provide staged versions of the code, I'll make them all dual configs.
Brian Beuken
Lecturer in Game Programming at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's 

Messages In This Thread
RE: If your trial has run out, try Dual Build Space Cadet - by Brian Beuken - 02-11-2019, 10:08 PM