Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenGLES3.0 causes flickering
Not for the planes no, -1 to 1 is for the clip space...all world coordinates have to be translated into that space I don't know why Khronos has -1 to 1 I've never seen it use a negative value.

Near and far planes are for the projection, and are made into a value between 0 and 1 to indicate the depth from the camera view. But depending on the precision set, a very long distance between near and far, can result in a lack of precision and banding of areas where poly clash might occur...causing flicker (its all so obvious when you find out the answers)

There's a good explination of that here https://learnopengl.com/Getting-started/...te-Systems

I discussed it with a very knowledgable collegue today and he was not aware of any difference in the way a depth field was calculated between older and more modern versions of OpenGL.. so basically the old systems allowed a poor range and the new ones punished it.
Brian Beuken
Lecturer in Game Programming at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's 

Messages In This Thread
OpenGLES3.0 causes flickering - by Brian Beuken - 02-18-2019, 12:27 AM
RE: OpenGLES3.0 causes flckering - by Brian Beuken - 02-18-2019, 06:22 PM