Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little something from my students
I give my 1st year  students Raspberry Pi's to work on for 8 weeks each year, mainly as an introduction to OpenGL, shaders and code design to use the GPU well.
Its often fun and some really nice games come out of it. I don't set them any very hard goals, just revamp a retro game, do a quake demo, or for those who want to dabble with networking, create a 2 player networked version of Battleships and visualise it anyway they want.

This year, some of my students decided to polish up their version of Battleships and do a cross platform version.
They even did a small trailer of it, though I can't say its all that good, lucky they are not media students. Big Grin

But I'm still very pleased they made the effort to polish and cross develop it. So thanks to 
Joey Jacobs
Erico Wiggers
Arthur Kuylaars

Team 6 - Block C - Year 1

I'll try to set up a download for you have a go at it, though it needs 2 players with their own pi's to work over a network! (should also work with a PC as the host?)
Edit...now uploaded on the main site's download pages
Brian Beuken
Lecturer in Game Programming at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's 

Brian,

This looks awesome. You must be proud of your students.

So, do you do Online classes or something through sites such as Udemy or edX? That would be a cool compliment to the book if you did.

Cheers,

Jon
Hi Jon
No, not really go the time for that at the moment, I'm still populating this site and learning more about different new SBC's. But I do plan to put up some videos on here too, i've got the video capture system and as soon as I can get a decent set up running I'll start adding the videos...but not before Christmas I think.
Brian Beuken
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's 

Sounds cool.  I'm looking forward to seeing the vids. 

However, please do not use the guy that John Horton used for his C++ Game Programming Videos through Packt.  That dude freaks me out.
Dunno what you mean by use the guy? I was just going to do it myself Big Grin
Brian Beuken