Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3Dbase code [Chapter 6]
Hi,
probably is my fault but I'm unable to find the 3Dbase code.
Could point me towards the link?

Cheers
Gabriele
have a look here, if its not there I'll add it tonight
Brian Beuken
Lecturer in Game Programming at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's 

(01-28-2019, 02:15 PM)Brian Beuken Wrote: have a look here, ...

Sorry... where exactly ?
oh sorry the link didn't attach

http://www.scratchpadgames.net/DownLoad.html
Brian Beuken
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's 

Oh wait... no I am so sorry, you are right, 3Dbase itself isn't there, I didn't upload it, but it is actually only the framework from which the hellocubes project is then built. I don't actually have that code any more as I updated it into a much more complex project called 3DGeneric. You're not ready to use that yet though as it has the majority of 3D,physics, shaders, shadows culling and so on its meant to be a base project once you get through the book. I will add that now but wait a while before you try to use it..

I will strip HelloMatrix2 back and restore it to 3Dbase as soon as possible, but for now, just try to follow the books updating of hello triangle to display a triangle in 3D, and compare it with HelloMatrix2 which then shows a cube.

Thanks for bringing this error to my notice I will fix it, but you won't miss anything by using HelloMatrix2 instead, you'll just save a bit of typing.

How are you enjoying the book, apart from this error?
Brian Beuken

Hi Brian,
don't worry too much about the missing files...
They can be useful to less experienced programmer to follow your book.
As i said in the Raspberry forum, I want to use your book as a guide to teach my daughter to start with computer game programming. The book is very clear and the path you follow is the one I consider adequate for people that start to fight with this complicated but fascinating world. I'm trying to follow the same path but, to be honest, I'm trying to translate every step in a Qt project for Linux (just because my daughter refuse to work with Raspberry...).

Gabriele
kids eh Big Grin
Brian Beuken

ooooooooooh yeah !!
(01-29-2019, 09:28 AM)GSalvato Wrote: I'm trying to follow the same path but, to be honest, I'm trying to translate every step in a Qt project for Linux (just because my daughter refuse to work with Raspberry...).

I would be interested in any progress you make with porting the code to Qt.

Did your daughter get STEM/STEAM burn out leading to the dislike of the RasPi?
(01-31-2019, 06:49 AM)jomoengineer Wrote:
(01-29-2019, 09:28 AM)GSalvato Wrote: I'm trying to follow the same path but, to be honest, I'm trying to translate every step in a Qt project for Linux (just because my daughter refuse to work with Raspberry...).

I would be interested in any progress you make with porting the code to Qt.

Did your daughter get STEM/STEAM burn out leading to the dislike of the RasPi?

Hi,

I've already ported some of the projects presents on the site. Send me an email where I can send  my files but be warned that they are not intended to be bulletproof.

About my daughter... I think that she things that the Raspberry is too limited for what she would like to do (but I know that others are the limits she has to overcome)