Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raspberry ModelB (original mk1)
After trying the Model A+ I thought I'd dig out my 1st Gen Model B, its equally fast to set up, and equally slow to compile, though the benefit of a network port makes the file transfers a bit quicker..

It of course is as under powered as the A+, though its little bit of extra memory seems to give it a boost.  But its just as effective as any other Raspberry, it chugs, but it does all its asked to do. It should run the 2D stuff quite well, but like the A+ I wouldn't use this for any serious 3D stuff.

Actually though, as I write this, I adapted some of the set up, and with a bit of optimizing, and change to the screen rez, with a proper delta time system it may be able to run a full demo, culling the render for the base objects raised the frame rate from 15 to nearly 30..so, maybe!

No fancy set ups needed, just install the usual libs, and build, go make a cup of tea and come back in 10-15 mins for your 1st build, or more sensibly, use an on devsystem build toolchain
Brian Beuken
Lecturer in Game Programming at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's