Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raspbian Buster
OK, I HAVE NEWS

I made an error when listing what to do, becuase I had already gone into raspi-config and switched to legacy drivers... a standard fix when you can't get GLES2.0 to work, but while that works on the earlier raspberries, it does not work on the 4, leave it a the GL (Fake KMS) drivers
However that is the reason we lose acceleration, so we must not do it.

Once mesa is installed, with the GL Fake drivers in place, openGLES 2 and 3 are available, and also the EGL_SAMPLE stuff too.

It basically all works fine.
One small issue, is that on the broadcom systems I was able to easily define a seperate screen res and framebuffer. I usually set the framebuffer to half size. I've not worked out how to do that in X11 so framebuffer and screen size are the same, which means an X11 screen is a higher res, pushing 2x the pixels which has an impact on performance. I need to try to work out how to make the frame buffer smaller like broadcom allowed.

There is also another way to get an EGL surface, using something called DRM, but I really have no idea what that is.. I will investigate soon.
Brian Beuken
Lecturer in Game Programming at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's 

Messages In This Thread
Raspbian Buster - by Brian Beuken - 06-26-2019, 11:02 PM
RE: Rasbian Buster - by Brian Beuken - 06-26-2019, 11:06 PM
RE: Raspbian Buster - by Brian Beuken - 06-30-2019, 03:30 PM
RE: Raspbian Buster - by Brian Beuken - 07-02-2019, 12:36 AM