Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odroid N2
revisiting this after a while and sadly its not moved forward much, as far as graphics are concerned, theres a lovely GPU in there in the G52 which I think is 6 core but so far no way to access it, or even emulate it. Mesa libs just don't install and no GPU accelerationis available for X11 and I have not worked out how to do anything else.

I really expected there to have been some progress in the last 6 months but aside form the usual, "here's how to build your own OS with 70% functionality (but thats all I needed so am not doing any more)", there's no sign of a nice stable version of Ubuntu or Debian with drivers like the XU4 enjoys...strange.
Odroid do seem to be working on a DRM version and have a version of GLMark2 up and running, but no idea how that will filter down into a usable OS.
I kinda like the idea of a DRM/Wayland version cos its something I want to know how to set up...but its taking a while.

Back in the drawer, which is upsetting as this potentially is the beast of all ARM systems.... give it time.
Brian Beuken
Lecturer in Game Programming at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's 

Messages In This Thread
Odroid N2 - by Brian Beuken - 06-27-2019, 11:39 AM
RE: Odroid N2 - by Brian Beuken - 06-30-2019, 01:39 AM
RE: Odroid N2 - by Brian Beuken - 07-01-2019, 03:45 PM
RE: Odroid N2 - by Brian Beuken - 07-03-2019, 08:13 AM
RE: Odroid N2 - by Brian Beuken - 12-01-2019, 06:08 PM