Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Libre La Frite
well finally worked it out... got it to boot, eventually, and in the process of transferring the OS to the eMMC which should improve perfomance

however, it did manage to run glmark2 and the results were odd like the Libre H5 system, off screen its nippy, with Mali 450 gpu correctly running it gives a GLMark2 score of 277, but on screen it barely manages 6 or 7 frames on each test, I didn't wait for the final score which would have been single figures.

Its a lot of bloody effort to get it to do anything, it maybe that this is just set up niggles and once done its fine, but if I don't see significant improvments when I switch over to eMMC it goes in the drawer (well actually now the plastic tub|) of shame.

I finally got the thing to transfer over, and also noted that I neededto put my keyboard/mouse usb in the right hand usb to stop it trying to boot from it.
(a bug no doubt)
1st boot was slow...ok, well I'll do an update/upgrade and see if the 2nd one is better
2nd boot after upgrade......was quicker...
but though the machine is overall a bit nippier running from its eMMC correctly glmark2 is still painfully slow on screen recording only single digit scores in its tests despite recognising the Mali450, so maybe some issues with X11.
ah well...
Brian Beuken
Lecturer in Game Programming at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's 

Messages In This Thread
Libre La Frite - by Brian Beuken - 06-27-2019, 11:44 AM
RE: Libre La Frite - by Brian Beuken - 06-29-2019, 06:40 PM
RE: Libre La Frite - by Brian Beuken - 06-30-2019, 01:38 AM
RE: Libre La Frite - by Brian Beuken - 02-26-2020, 04:41 PM
RE: Libre La Frite - by Brian Beuken - 02-26-2020, 06:35 PM
RE: Libre La Frite - by Brian Beuken - 02-26-2020, 06:55 PM