Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PhotoFrame
Good idea, though the blue book is overkill for OpenGLES2.0/3.0 you need the "gold" book,  new copies are hard to find and expensive, but you can find 2nd hand copies on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/OpenGL-ES-2-0-Pro...XX25QQ2QA9
Brian Beuken
Lecturer in Game Programming at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's 

I was able to get the OpenGLES 2.0 blue book used in very good shape for $12 USD.

Regarding the book files in the download section of your website, for Chapter 3 Surface Files, what is "MyFiles.h" in reference to?
its a class for loading graphics, by wrapping the STB_image files as they can be quite long to compile if added into every class that loads images

Is it not clear enough in the text? I'll take a look and see what I can say to make it clearer.
Brian Beuken
Lecturer in Game Programming at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's 

(10-15-2018, 06:45 AM)Brian Beuken Wrote: its a class for loading graphics, by wrapping the STB_image files as they can be quite long to compile if added into every class that loads images

Is it not clear enough in the text? I'll take a look and see what I can say to make it clearer.

Oh, I got it.  It's at the beginning of Chapter 4 not in Chapter 3.