Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Khadas Vim3L
Well my Vim3L has arrived, and since I also took the time to order a the heatsink and case I now have very nice little unit.
I also noticed this time that it has a slightly different S905 from the Odroid C2...a D3 model, which is rated a little faster...we'll see.

Of course currently there are no linux builds I can find, to try it out on,though coreELEC is available, but seems not for download yet. But thats ok, because I'm going to use this as an Android system (huh!!!)... It has Android 9 on board and in theory is capable of openGL3.1 . Its quite nippy in its native android,though there's really not much content to trail

yeah Android!!, not that I'm giving up on Linux, its just that I've been getted pressured to do more Android stuff with students and contract work, frankly I hate it.. So I'm going to experiment a bit. I don't have a modern Android phone and I don't plan to buy one, but I do have several, shall we say dissapointing boards where there were no GPU drivers to power any linux builds, but a lot of them did have Android, and android, as far as I know, always has GPU drivers.. So I will bite the bullet and have an experiment with using some of the lesser boards as Android systems and develop some nice frameworks to allow us to do "proper" coding even on Android.

But not for a while, as some may notice I've not been updating much, there's been a lot of work pressure and also some personal issues that have kept me away from my own coding efforts. I'm very busy clearing the decks on that and hope to come back fighting soon with new content, updates and fixes.
Brian Beuken
Lecturer in Game Programming at Breda University of Applied Sciences.
Author of The Fundamentals of C/C++ Game Programming: Using Target-based Development on SBC's 

Messages In This Thread
Khadas Vim3L - by Brian Beuken - 09-08-2019, 02:08 PM
RE: Khadas Vim3L - by Brian Beuken - 11-16-2019, 02:37 PM
RE: Khadas Vim3L - by jomoengineer - 11-16-2019, 03:59 PM
RE: Khadas Vim3L - by Brian Beuken - 11-16-2019, 04:17 PM
RE: Khadas Vim3L - by jomoengineer - 11-16-2019, 06:16 PM
RE: Khadas Vim3L - by Brian Beuken - 11-16-2019, 06:44 PM